The Yuppy Puppy is a super-awesome, locally-owned pet supply store staffed by an outgoing, eclectic and fairly obnoxious group of fun-loving pet people who truly care about the lifetime well-being of your furry family members.
We regularly participate in training provided by our many natural pet food companies as well as classes on animal behavior, basic obedience and many other facets of the pet industry. We strive to be the best educated pet experts in Spokane and every pet we work with helps us expand our knowledge and build our confidence.
Does your dog need a diet? Or worse, is your dog a super picky eater? We can help with that!
Is your dog surfing inappropriate websites when unattended at home? We can help with that!
Is your dog leaving puppy-sized hairballs all over the house? We can help with that, too!
We’re really happy to help! Really! Just ask!
For many years, The Yuppy Puppy has made the list of Spokane’s Best Dog Grooming. In 2007 when we first began offering this service, we had one groomer, part time. Fast forward to today and we have 4 full-time groomers and 1-part time groomer and we’re STILL BUSY.
It is not uncommon for our grooming appointments to be booked out a week in advance, but don’t hesitate to call as we do often have cancellations and we’re always looking for the next perfect member to add to the Yuppy Puppy Grooming staff and make our schedule a little more accommodating.
If you know or happen to be a dog groomer with a minimum of 2 years grooming experience (with references) and your own tools, please email your resume to email@example.com
We are a drug-free, smoke-free company.
You provide the manpower, we provide the rest! We even take care of the mess!
Our Self Serve Dog Wash offers 5 tubs in 3 different sizes. Built with Professional quality steel and rhino-lined for traction, these awesome tubs will safely hold any size dog — from the tiniest Chihuahua to the biggest Great Dane. No more back strain and knee pain from washing the dog in your bathroom’s “human” tub! Tie-downs are included, with the dog facing right or left, so you don’t have to worry about holding him in place, and you can easily wash both sides of the dog.
Everything you need to do the job is included: all-natural “Earthbath” shampoo and conditioner, tearless face soap (and a washcloth, of course!), a variety of brushes and combs, a shammy and towel, a high-velocity blow dryer and ear cleaner.
Self Serve Dog Wash Pricing
We have 3 different sized tubs available:
- 1 small dog tub for little dogs and puppies under 15#: $10
- 3 regular tubs for the majority of the dogs we see: $15
- 1 walk-in tub for BIG dogs or dogs who can’t do stairs: $20
Things to know:
- The last dog must be in the tub no later than 45 minutes before the store closes, NO EXCEPTIONS, unless you’re Chuck Norris, because we’re not about to tell Chuck Norris no.
- DO NOT EVER LEAVE YOUR PETS UNATTENDED in our Self Serve Dog Wash Stations. This is a super big safety issue.
- There are no time limits on our tubs so there are no reservations. Our tubs operate strictly on a first-come, first-served basis.
- We do not provide any cutting tools or potentially injurious tools in the self serve. This includes scissors, nail trimmers, dremmel tools, etc.
- There is no access to outlets in the self serve dog wash.
- We have a small children’s “entertain-mutt” area to keep your kids occupied while you wash them, we just ask you clean up after them.
- All of the awesome brushes and supplies you use during your dog wash are available for sale in the store.
- If you need help — JUST ASK, we’re happy to help!
What you need to know about Doggy Daycare:
ALL DOGS MUST
Provide proof of current rabies vaccine (a dated certificate from your vet is ideal. You can have them fax it to us at 509-467-8321) We WILL NOT accept your dog’s Rabies Tag as proof of current vaccination.
WE HIGHLY RECOMMEND your pet be current on all their vaccines (we do not require proof of these but it’s definitely in your best interest to make sure your pet is current.)
Dogs must be spayed/neutered after age 9 months (dogs under 9 months may retain their “parts”)
Each dog must complete a 4 hour maximum assessment day in order to be considered for full-day day care.
Dogs must wear a buckle/snap collar with current ID tag (no martingale / choke / prong / training collars or harnesses).
- Monday through Friday, 7am to 7pm,
- Saturday 9am to 6pm.
- Daycare is CLOSED ON SUNDAYS for deep cleaning and maintenance.
- Half Day (4 hours or less) $15,
- Full Days (4 or more hours) $20
- Discounts available for multiple dogs in the same home,
- 10 day packages,
- month passes.
At The Yuppy Puppy we are pretty darn picky about the pet food products we offer you and your pets. You will NEVER find any products containing Corn, Wheat, Soy or Animal Bi-Products. You will never find pet food or treats containing ingredients from China. You will never find foods we wouldn’t feed our own pets!
We offer many types of pet food for both dogs and cats:
- Premium Kibble
- Quality Canned Food
- Dehydrated Raw
- Freeze-Dried Raw
- Frozen Raw
From many great pet food companies:
- Earthborn Holistic Pet Food
- Nutrisca Pet Food
- Wild Calling
- Nutriscource Grain Free
- Taste of The Wild
- Natural Balance
- Blue Buffalo
- The Great Life
- Nature’s Logic
- Eagle Pack
- Solid Gold
- Oma’s Pride
- The Honest Kitchen
- Stella & Chewy’s
- Northwest Naturals
Since our staff receives lots of continuing education on each of our pet foods, you can always trust their educated recommendations! If you have a dog with a food issue, we have lots of different foods to suit your pets needs, AND we offer a 100% buy-back guarantee! If your dog doesn’t like the food you’ve selected for them, we’ll buy it back!
Pawsitive Connection Dog Training
Our super-talented, overly exuberant, excessively happy dog trainer Stephanie offers lots of different classes to choose from at our site and at hers. Each class meets one evening per week for 6 or 7 consecutive weeks (depending on the class).
We currently offer:
- Basic Training
- Intermediate Training
- Advanced Training
- Reactive Rover *coming soon
- Nose Work *coming soon
- Puppy Classes *coming soon
More information including descriptions of classes as well as start dates coming soon… (I’m building the site as quickly as I can, promise!)