It is not uncommon for our grooming appointments to be booked out weeks in advance, but don’t hesitate to call as we do often have cancellations. We also ask that new customers please bring a completed Registration Form to your appointment. We appreciate your cooperation!
• Vaccines: Dogs over the age of 6th months are required to be current on their rabies vaccinations. You may provide us with a receipt or certificate from your vet in a myriad of ways. We cannot accept your dog’s rabies tag as proof of current vaccination. It is the owner’s responsibility to make sure updated vaccines are shared with The Yuppy Puppy.
• Late Arrivals: Arriving late to your grooming appointment will result in a late fee up to $20. If the schedule cannot accommodate a late arrival, your appointment will need to be rescheduled and you will be required to pay a $25 missed appointment fee.
• Cancellations: 24-hours’ notice is required for cancellations or rescheduling. Appointments cancelled or rescheduled with less than 24-hours’ notice may be charged $25 missed appointment fee before future appointments can be scheduled.
• No Call, No Shows/Short-Notice Cancellations: Our groomers are commissioned employees therefore attendance is crucial. If an appointment is missed without informing The Yuppy Puppy at least 24 hours prior to the scheduled start time all future appointments may be cancelled until a $25 missed appointment fee is paid.
• Early Drop-Offs: Grooming dogs may be dropped off a maximum of one hour prior to the start of their grooming appointment, if within normal business hours.
• Pick Up Time: Grooming dogs must be picked up within an hour of the groom being finished, or within normal business hours whichever comes first, unless they are going to daycare AND are pre-approved to do so. The Yuppy Puppy will notify Owner when Owner’s dog’s grooming is complete by text and/or phone call. It is Owner’s responsibility to verify that The Yuppy Puppy has an appropriate contact number. If Owner’s dog is not picked up within an hour of the completion of Owner’s dog’s grooming, there will be an additional fee of $20 for day-boarding.
• Matting: Matting can only be safely removed by shaving under the matts leaving the coat extremely short. Matted coats can cause a variety of skin and health problems which can include, but are not limited to, hematomas, bruising, swelling, raw, irritated and inflamed skin. Owner releases The Yuppy Puppy and it’s groomers from liability associated with the above mentioned process and any/ all medical problems that may be found and/or occur during the de-matting process. Owner further acknowledges that any matting may result in an additional fee. The Yuppy Puppy recommends seeking veterinary services if any of the aforementioned issues become concerning.
• Fleas, Lice and Ticks: Due to the additional time and resources used to treat
the infected dog, and clean The Yuppy Puppy, an additional fee will be added to your bill if your dog is found to have fleas, ticks and/or lice. Additionally, dogs who have been exposed to, or have had fleas or lice, may not return to grooming until they have received treatment and clearance from their veterinarian.
• Senior and Special Needs Dogs: Our goal is always humanity over vanity. Senior and special needs dogs will be groomed primarily to achieve cleanliness and comfort above achieving a “perfect groom”. In signing, the owner agrees to these terms and that they have discussed any and all, past and present, health issues with the groomer.
• Stitches/Wounds: The Yuppy Puppy will not be able to groom any dog with open wound(s) and/or stitch(es) for the dog’s safety. It is best practice to wait at least 24 hours after stitch(es) are removed or fall out before any grooming/bathing can occur.
• Pregnant/In Heat: For the safety of the staff and all the dogs in our care, The Yuppy Puppy does not groom dogs that are pregnant, lactating or in heat. Dogs that arrive for grooming while in-heat will be turned away, and charged a $25 missed appointment fee before additional appointments may be scheduled. Dog is in heat must allow at least seven days after bleeding has ended before any bathing/grooming can be done.
We’re always looking for the next perfect member to add to the Yuppy Puppy Grooming staff and make our schedule a little more accommodating. If you know or happen to be a dog groomer with a minimum of 2 years grooming experience (with references) and your own tools, please email your resume to [email protected]. (We are a drug-free, smoke-free company.)